Thursday 21 April 2016

The End of An Era...

Tonight is the last official night that we own Draper House, the keys are being exchanged tomorrow and it's a very weird feeling indeed. I know i've moved out already, well over a month now, but I have been there since, to double (triple) check it was completely empty of my belongings (I actually did find a shoe!) and i've still been checking the post (when I say I, I mean Rhys - he won't miss that!) but now it's done and dusted and my beloved little home is no longer mine (well, my parents).

When we were in the process of deciding to sell, I still felt very two minded about it (as you know, if you read my Should I Stay or Should I Go? post) but when I found out who we were accepting the offer for, my heart skipped a beat and I knew it was the right thing to do; a young, recently divorced guy, with a little 2 year old son, who was SO excited about the property... it just made me imagine this guy being so happy in the place I knew would be a home to him, as it had been to me, sharing it with his little bubba and just making new memories. It's also the perfect bachelor pad too - well that's what it started out as for my brother and I just feel it suits the new owners situation so much, so I really hope he spends many happy and content years there, as of tomorrow!

As for the selling process, if you are reading this and you're planning to sell (or buy) a house and you're in or near Tunbridge Wells, then PLEASE go with Flying Fish Properties; they are the friendliest, most trustworthy and personable estate agents, I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. They completely changed my opinion of estate agents; they're truly on your side and always go the extra mile - sounds cliche but an example of this; one night, my blind fell down and I couldn't reach to put it back, so with no other options, I called Natalie and she sent Bradley round to put it back up after a viewing. Honestly just the sweetest people and have made my parents and I feel incredibly comfortable with the sale. (Thank you so much to you both!)

So anyway... after many fond memories and all the ups and downs in my little home, I thank you for your time with me Draper House, you will always have a special place in my heart but now I'm locking your door for the last time... *tugs on handle to ensure it's locked... 1,2,3,4...24, 25, 26.*


A sneak peak inside (the sales photos):




(Above Images Courtesy of Flying Fish Properties) 


And now it's empty and ready for the new owner...







Farewell 
X

2 comments: